Monday 7 May 2012

Day one: Let's go shopping!

I started the Living Below the Line challenge badly by not having bought my week's worth of food the night before (unfortunately a hangover and Sunday trading laws got in the way). Instead I went shopping this morning which, considering I was already hungry (ie. irritable), wasn't the best way to spend a bank holiday.

So here's what I bought:


Eggs (splashed out on free range), cheese, sweetcorn, one potato, pasta, five bananas, pasta sauce, bread, biscuits (unfortunately my budget didn't quite stretch to oreos). All for the grand total of £4.89

I am usually a bit of a brand snob however today I obviously didn't have the option of shunning the supermarket's cheapest versions. Although I will say that I'm pleasantly surprised by Aldi's pasta sauce and Asda's smart price biscuits. Clearly the name on the packet doesn't mean everything (probably would have done me some good to have learnt that as a student...).

Anyway, day one over (eating wise anyway, no room in the budget for my usual array of post dinner snacks) four more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment