Monday 27 December 2010

Second dessert of the day? Oh go on then

It's strange to think I've gone from looking forward to a fat free yogurt for dessert to indulging in anything and everything over the last couple of weeks. Thank God Military Fitness starts again tomorrow (it's hard to feel guilty for eating a little lot extra when you've just spent an hour running about like a crazy person in the snow). For those who haven't heard of this gem of a workout, think  military-themed circuit training crossed with a PE lesson in your local park (http://www.britmilfit.com/). It can be an amazingly fun way to burn the calories, especially if you rope a couple of friends into joining with you.

I'm also really keen to get into running this year (it's easy to say this whilst I'm sat indoors with a tin of roses to keep me company). I love the running element of Military Fitness and I've always wanted to push myself distance-wise (don't let this fool you into thinking I'm super fit- I'm not). As a result of an overly optimistic outlook and an odd desire for a new hobby I've decided I want to  join a running club and possibly even sign up for the Liverpool half marathon. Now this master plan may fall through for a number of reasons (the first one that springs to mind is my current fitness level) however in the name of positive thinking I want to fully embrace the challenge. Plus if 13 miles can't give me killer legs what can?!

Is anyone else into long distance running? Or any kind of running really? I'll have just under three months to train if I do decide to attempt the half marathon and so it will be pretty intense but I'm also incredibly excited. This excitement is likely to wear off soon but I'm hoping the determination won't. If all else fails, I'll just work out how much cake each mile would burn off and plan dessert accordingly.

1 comment: