Saturday 29 December 2012

*Obligatory New Years post*

I started this blog a couple of years ago and one of my early posts involved telling the world (or, more accurately, my eleven whole readers) how I was going to start afresh and make the following year my best yet. In the interests of not setting myself up for failure this time round, I've decided to bypass the usual list (run more, eat less) and come up with a slightly easier one to adhere to:

1). Stop drunk tweeting
As a twitter addict, it seems only right that every move is documented (whether alcohol induced or not). Even so, there's no worse accompaniment to a sore head than scrolling down the previous night's tweets in horror.

2). Become a domestic goddess
And by this I mean wash my dishes and learn how to bake something that has ingredients beyond Betty Crocker mix.

3). Learn how to curl my hair
I got heated rollers for Christmas and it's about time I learnt how to use them!

4). Continue the search for a Mulberry bag
This may seem frivolous to some however I am a firm believer that a designer handbag is a wardrobe investment. I would never dream of paying full price for one (mainly because that would involve giving up food for a month) and so my main hope is in the form of one of their outlet stores. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

I'd come up with more but they'll only make me feel bad about myself. It's like we store up all of the things we don't like about our lives until January when we embark on a month of self-loathing and pity (with zero money in our bank accounts). I like the way lots of other bloggers have taken a more positive stance when rounding off their year. Lily Melrose has looked back over her outfit posts and Emily Schuman has documented some of her memories through her gorgeous photography.

Despite some momentary blips, I guess 2012 has been a pretty good year for me, too. Having started the year watching the Sydney harbour bridge fireworks, I went on to hold a koala bear, run through the Mersey Tunnel, leave home (for the second time), attempt to surf in Devon, dance the night away with one of my best friends in Sweden, attend my first post secret event and give a presentation on what Sex and the City has done for feminism. It's been a blast.

Happy New Year x

No comments:

Post a Comment