Monday 13 February 2012

The big V

I seem to be disproportionately excited for tomorrow considering I am single and the only person buying jewellery for me is, well, me (during today's lunch hour to be precise). Anyway, regardless of my relationship status, I have never been one to shy away from Valentine's Day. Whether it was sending a carnation to an unsuspecting boy back in year seven, or living up to the stereotype with a rom com and my single girlfriends, I've always been a firm believer that February 14th is there to be celebrated.

This year I shall be drinking cocktails with one of my best friends (because nothing says 'I love you' like a Cosmopolitan) and potentially feeling awkward when we realise we're the only non-couple out on date night (actually that won't happen, I'm sure there'll be tons of fellow singletons out in force trying to ensure they're coupled up by this time next year).

I did have the idea of sneaking into work early to change everyone's screensaver to pink puppies however, seeing as I barely make it in on time anyway, that may be a bit of a challenge.

Anyway, this isn't going to be a post aimed at dissecting the meaning of relationships or exhibiting any form of bitterness (honest!), just my general musings on the whole V day. I think any kind of themed day will always be a winner, even if only for comedy value (because changing my email signature to Cupid's would be hilarious and not at all unprofessional...).

Whatever you're doing, have a fabulous day x

No comments:

Post a Comment