Monday 17 September 2012

Green eyed monster

I like to think that I follow an eclectic mix of bloggers however, more often than not, they have one thing in common. Whether they're writing about fashion or feminism, I can't help but get a bit of an inferiority complex as I work my way through my reading list. Of course bloggers want you to view their world through rose tinted Ray Bans and are very selective about what they post however, as the following points show, it's not just their writing style I'm pining after...

The Fashionista

It's currently London Fashion Week and any blogger worth their shiny Cambridge satchel is out there photographing every moment of it. I always knew fashion blogging wasn't for me however, thanks to twitter, it's incredibly easy to feel left out of something you weren't even sure you wanted to be part of to begin with. I guess when your life seems to comprise of rum-induced disasters you do start to question your extracurricular activities.

The (Health) Foodie

If, like myself, you count blueberry muffins as one of your five a day you're bound to feel the guilt when reading someone rave about their latest healthly concoctions. For some reason I often find myself reading said blog whilst eating chocolate digestives, every bite reminding me of why I will never be able to wear that studded crop top from Urban Outfitters I have my eye on.

The Rich Kid

These kinds of blogs are pure escapism (oh how I long for the day when I can afford Mulberry accessories) with the sole purpose of illustrating just how fabulous the writer's life is. They also make me resent the fact that I am probably sat in my H&M jeggings on my lunch break rather than wearing Prada on a boat.

I realise this could possibly be one of my more negative blog posts. It's not supposed to be. I genuinely love reading these kinds of blogs and a little bit of envy is totally worth the potential outfit ideas/new recipes/general enjoyment I get out of them. In short, the rich, clever, witty, and beautiful people should keep writing (but perhaps throw the rest of us some more tips along the way, yeah?).

No comments:

Post a Comment