Wednesday 7 December 2011

Procrastination

There are a million things I should be doing right now however, being the procrastinator that I am, I've decided to do a quick post before actually being productive.

I'm going to Australia ridiculously soon and so most of my head space is currently taken up with the question of what to wear in the scorching heat. Summer shopping in the run up to Christmas is probably the stupidest thing I have ever attempted to do (wardrobe-wise anyway). For a nation that goes out on the town wearing so little the current offering on the high street is surprisingly cosy. I just want a vaguely summery dress (ie. no long sleeves or lace) and a pair of shorts that leave something to the imagination, both of which seem largely unavailable in the middle of winter. I have ranted about this for weeks (largely to my family and over twitter) and so I think I may have to finally admit defeat and just hit the shops as soon as I arrive in Melbourne (at least no one at home will own the same outfit as me...).

There's also the usual fear of forgetting something (yes I know Australia also has shops but there's nothing worse than realising you've left your straightners on your bed just as your plane takes off). Similarly, I envision my last afternoon at work being spent ensuring I haven't left any important tasks unfinished before buggering off for a month.

Realistically I can't imagine any of these things actually stressing me out once I am lying on a beach halfway across the world however, being the worrier I am, I have a knack of focussing my energy on any possible negatives. Forget the prospect of a month of travelling, what on earth am I going to wear?!

I've also succumbed to the chocolate yet again (I think it was custard creams last week) which is more than a little silly considering the size of my recently purchased bikini. I blame this on living at home. If my parents did not insist on buying chocolate biscuits then I wouldn't end up eating quite so many. Although I also wouldn't have healthy home cooked meals and so I guess my living arrangements can't really be held accountable for any weight gain. Damn.

I think I'm going to call it a night now. I'm not feeling brilliant and so hopefully sleep is the answer. On a more positive note, tomorrow has good cupcake potential thanks to the presence of the farmer's market outside work. Some may see this as healthy eating sabotage however I'm just grateful that the guy on the cake stand still doesn't recognise me despite probably being one of his best customers.

No comments:

Post a Comment